Friday, May 21, 2010

Dancing in the Rain

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about dancing in the rain.


css


Today, while I was at work, I was thinking that our car could really use a trip to the car wash. Actually, I've been thinking this for weeks now. The car is pretty dirty. There's bird poop on it. Then I thought, "Well, today would not be a good day to do it. They are predicting rain tomorrow." The car has been waiting to get washed for weeks because "they are predicting rain tomorrow, this weekend, etc." If I keep putting it off because of the weather that might happen, is it ever going to get cleaned??

We do this in life all too often. We put things off because we don't feel our circumstances are ideal enough to go after our heart's desire. Ever hear what someone with kids, tells someone who says they are waiting to have kids when they can afford them? Usually it is something along the lines of "If you wait until you can afford them you will never have them."

I've put off alot in the last year. All because I was planning on getting pregnant, or because I might miscarry. It is easy to get caught in the storm of infertility and recurrent loss. It seems I spent so much of the last year focusing on having a baby to hold, that until now I missed the lessons of the babies I didn't. Life on this earth is short. And alot of the time it is stormy. If we keep waiting until each storm passes, to take the trip, to see the concert, to find a new job, to start working out,to start that hobby, to go back to school, we never will. Sometimes all you can do is dance in the rain until the sun comes out. And it will,but I want to be able to say I did something cool in the meantime.

As for the car, one day it won't matter what storms are looming. I will get it washed. And if its only shiny and clean for one day, it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment