Tuesday, September 28, 2010

To Whom it May Concern

Dear happy, healthy pregnant lady,

Thank you for:

a. Showing me your ultrasound pictures.

b. Texting me the sex of your baby.

c. Inviting me to your baby shower.

I am truly happy for you. However, if you are friendly enough with me to share these things, please be a friend and acknowledge the following:

a. How lucky you are that you saw a heartbeat at the ultrasound and you made it far along enough to find out the sex

b. After four miscarriages, I may not want to go to a party surrounded by baby things,when I never got to buy any for my babies

I really do not mind you sharing these things with me. I am after all your friend, so I like sharing in your happiness. But please do not ignore my losses because, as my friend, you should at least take them into consideration.

Sincerely,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment